Grilled Bok Choy Glass Noodle Salad
Serve hot as a side or chilled as a salad.
- 1 large or 2 small bok choy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup dried onions
- 4 glass noodles nests
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar (raw or brown work well too)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- red repper flakes – fine grind to taste
- Grill bok choy (I chose to leave all the leaves intact for grilling).
- Chop grilled bok choy into ½” pieces and allow to cool.
- Cut, chop, hack, whatever it takes to break the glass noodles into small pieces ~1’ long.
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium low to medium (be careful heating olive oil). You are at the right temperature when a piece of noodle starts to sizzle.
- Add noodles, sesame, and onions. Stir until they just start to brown.
- Add water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegars and cook until water evaporates (~3-5 minutes).
- Toss in bok choy.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add protein if so desired (see below).
Variations - Do not trim any of the leaves from the Bok Choy - Substitute sesame oil for some or all of the olive oil - Fresh onion, chives, or scallions - Grilled baby shrimp or cooked baby shrimp - Grilled chicken - Grilled tofu
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
You did an amazing job by this presentable post really unique concept for me. This recipe just look like simple noodle basket recipe.