Spaghetti squash is a very versatile vegetable. It can be used as a nutritious substitute for any pasta. For our family weekend barbecue, I decided to make a pasta salad. I used spaghetti squash as the pasta in my recipe for Asian Salad. It was a family favorite!
Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, diced
- 1 summer squash, sliced diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, finely grated
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Pierce spaghetti squash and microwave for 10 minutes
- When cool, slice open and remove seeds
- Shred spaghetti inside the squash with a fork into a bowl
- Discard outer spaghetti squash shell
- Let cool and then add other ingredients
- Add cabbage, lettuce, diced red bell pepper, onion, and squash
- Stir together
- Now make the dressing!
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil
- Add brown sugar and grated ginger root and garlic
- Add lime juice
- Stir until mixed well
- Drizzle dressing over the spaghetti squash salad mixture
- Toss the salad and sprinkle the peanuts over the top
- Serve and enjoy!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
This recipe looks absolutely amazing. I have my ‘contribution’ placed for this Saturday and cannot wait to see what is inside the basket. (I’ve also heard great stories about your bread :-)! I am excited to see what kind of healthy kids recipes my family can create with your fresh fruits and vegetables. See you Saturday!
How do we get Bountiful Baskets started in Michigan?