I love the bright and fresh citrus that we get in the wintertime from Bountiful Baskets but sometimes my counter fills up faster than I get them used. I was inspired to use the citrus to make a flavorful marinade for the fajitas on my meal plan for this week. The resulting chicken is moist and flavorful and it comes together super easily.
- 1 Orange
- 2 Limes
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t dry cilantro (you can use 1 T fresh if you have it)
- 1 t salt
- 2 lb chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6" flour tortillas
- Juice the oranges and limes into a small bowl.
- Mix in the olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, cilantro and salt.
- Lay the chicken out in a shallow dish or stick it in a large sealable bag and pour the marinade on top.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes to 8 hours (depending on when you want to eat).
- Dump the marinade out.
- Heat up a grill or heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook the chicken then remove from pan and allow it to rest.
- Add the bell peppers and onions into the pan that you cooked the chicken in and sauté until they start to soften.
- In a separate skillet, warm the tortillas.
- Slice the chicken and put a few pieces into each tortilla with some of the peppers and onions. I also sometimes just toss this on a salad instead of in a tortilla.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens