I really need a protein rich breakfast to get my day started. One of the easiest and healthiest protein breakfasts is for me to scramble up some eggs. This is a great recipe to use up a variety of vegetables and it is fast so it is perfect for weekday mornings. I will pretty much use whatever I have on hand but some of my favorites are tomatoes, spinach, kale, onion, broccoli, carrots, summer squash, zucchini, herbs, leeks, and potatoes. The list goes on and on and is only limited by your imagination. To make my morning breakfast easy, I chop veggies over the weekend and portion them into baggies so I don’t have to chop each morning.
- 1/4 C Assorted vegetables or herbs, chopped small
- 2 large eggs (or the equivilent egg whites if you prefer)
- 1 T cheese of your choice
- 1 T milk of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Put a little oil or butter into your skillet and warm it over med-high (I use my bountiful baskets olive oil or unscented coconut oil).
- Put your veggies in the pan and sauté them until they are soft.
- Reduce heat to med-low and pour egg mixture over veggies.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the eggs and let the eggs set for 1-2 minutes.
- Lightly stir the eggs then allow them to set for 1-2 minutes. You don't want to over-stir your eggs but continue to stir occasionally to ensure they cook evenly.
- Remove from the heat and devour immediately.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens