There are no bounds to the foods that I will cook on the grill. I love the smoky flavor that the grill gives food and I avoid using my stove or oven in the summer. This pasta dish is really easy and scrumptious.
Pasta cooked on the grill
- 12 oz pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes (I used yellow tomatoes)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 T oilve oil
- Dash of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 C baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a cast iron pan, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Get the fire started in your grill. Once hot, place the pan on the grill and bring it to simmer. Stir periodically. Once the liquid is almost all gone, stir in the spinach.
- The pasta is ready when the liquid is gone and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
I’d include diced tomatoes and zucchini. To make a meal with shrimp or salmon.
I love the vegan idea! No chicken broth but veggie instead!! The grilling method would add a bit of smoky flavor which would be extremely yummy. I could cook it along side all of my other veggies. Wade, how long would you cook it in a pressure cooker? I have a canning pressure cooker, so I am guessing I would have to use a different kind?
I love your receipes that require a Cast Irion skillit. Thats all my mother cooked with when i was a child. You still can’t beat them. Thank you, Maxie Gunderson
This could easily be a plant based dish by using veggie broth, which is so easy to make with veggie trimmings in a pressure cooker, and substituting nutritional yeast for the parmesan, or Parma! vegan parmesan.