I picked up my Half time hostess pack last night and saw my prizes….I was so excited. I don’t think people realize the value of these babies, the gazillion things we can do with them! I think I will be testing out the possibilities in the near future. But, I am all about instant gratification so I wanted something fast, easy and healthy. So I whipped up these tostada’s and they were FABULOUS! Just like all great things. It must be shared. I’m sure with a little time this too can be perfected but for now. Fast and ooooh so good will do. The great things about tostad’s is you can fit them to your liking.
- 6 Tostada's (Corn or Jalapeno)
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Cup of Salsa
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- EVOO for chicken & tostadas
- Preheat oven to 400º
- In a medium bowl, cut 3 avocados and mash them with a fork.
- Add your chopped onion and most of your tomatoes to the avocado mixture.
- Add 1 cup of salsa. I used my fresh made hatch chile salsa
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- After turn on stove to medium and add EVOO, start browning chicken breasts. you can dice them before or after cooking
- Lightly brush tostadas with EVOO and sprinkle salt on them, place them on cookie sheet and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- When they are golden, remove from oven. Give a minute to cool.
- Take a few scoops of the mixture and spread over the tostada, add some pieces of chicken and a few diced tomatoes and serve!
If I had put anymore time to think about it. I would have used some of the beans from the chili pack and mashed them up as well. Next time! 🙂
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens