Every now and then I make two much juice so that is when I turn to making sorbet. Sorbets are easy to make but take time to freeze unless you have a ice cream maker. Either way they are a wonderful treat. A few simple steps and you can turn any fruit into the perfect sorbet.
Blood Orange Sorbet
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- small pinch salt
- 2 cups blood orange juice
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in juice and salt.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or over night.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow your ice cream makers instructions.
- If you do not have a ice cream maker pour into shallow stainless steel pan and freeze for 3 hours.
- Scrape frozen mixture and return to freeze.
- Let freeze for 7-8 hours and then serve.
You can use any fruit you like to in this recipe. Try mixing a couple different types of fruit for a special blend.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens