What to do on a chilly fall or winter day? Want that tasty, savory comfort food? Want something that melts in your mouth but you know has that hearty goodness fresh from your basket?
We had this off and on growing up when we’d spend the night with friends. It was a tasty and easy way to get us kids to eat our veggies and love having seconds, too.
- 1 LB. PORK SAUSAGE
- 2 CUPS PEELED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 2 CUPS CORN (YOU FROZE YOURS THIS SUMMER DIDN'T YOU)
- 1 CAN CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
- 2 TBSP. MARGARINE (MELTED)
- 1/2 CUP SOFT BREAD CRUMBS (I PREFER BOUNTIFUL BASKET SOURDOUGH)
- 1/2 CUP MILK
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain off fat
- Cube squash into 1/2" sections and place half of them into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with half the sausage and one cup of corn.
- Mix the soup and milk and pour half over the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, then repeat the layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, top with bread crumbs and margarine and bake 10 - 15 more minutes.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
5 – 28 – 2015
In today’s basket is a tuber 12-18″ long white/cream in color. I can not identify it. Could you please tell me what it is?