Get a celery root in your organic basket this week? Have no idea what to do with it!? I didn’t get an organic basket but was lucky enough to have a friend who didn’t want to make an attempt with it, so kindly gave it to me….I again haven’t tried this before but what I do know is that in our home, my husband and I have “the secret ingredient” it’s a term we lovingly use for celery seed. It is one of our favorite things to cook with! So, the chance to try something fun with the root sounded exciting to me!!!
There were so many things you can do with the celery root when I researched it. The soup sounds delicious and that was my first thought, but the truth was I was in a hurry because I had 10 recipes I wanted to try. So I chose a quick and easy one that I thought my whole family would enjoy and gave it a little Jamie touch…..My 2 year old REALLY loved this one!
- 1-2 Celery Roots (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Jalapeno Juice (from a jar of jalapenos)
- Salt to Taste
- You will need a brush and heavy duty baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Slice Celery root as thinly as possible.
- Mix in bowl, EVOO, cayenne pepper, jalapeno juice and salt.
- Coat the celery slices front and back side and place on baking rack.
- Place in oven and back until golden brown.