Infusing fruit flavors into water is one trick I use it make water just a little more fun. Our bodies need to replenish water that is lost due to perspiration, through regular trips to the bathroom, and even through breathing. Dehydration, even mild, can be the cause for fatigue, dry skin, headaches, The amount of water differs for each person but following the simple, 8-8 rule… Eight glasses of eight ounce fluids is a great idea.
I hope this offers some insight to your water intake, or fluid intake on a daily basis.
So, to help you enjoy water just a little bit more, why not try a fruit infused water?
Pear-Lime Water Infusion
- 1 red pear, rinsed, sliced and cored
- 1 Asian pear, rinsed sliced and cored
- 1 green lime, sliced
- Rinse your fruits well. If you have a fruit and vegetable wash solution use that to be sure you're using clean fruit.
- Another way to clean your harder fruits it to soak your fruits in 1/2 cup vinegar + 1/2 gallon water. Soak the fruit for 7-10 minutes. Rinse well.
- Fill up a pitcher with filtered water.
- Add sliced pears and limes.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to infuse the water.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens