White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups mashed very ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup mango Greek yogurt (or vanilla low fat yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen, thawed + diced mangoes will work too)
- 2 Tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with a stand or handheld mixer on medium speed until well blended – about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Continue beating until blended.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture by hand, until just combined - do not overmix. Fold in the white chocolate chips and then gently stir in the chopped mangoes. You may sprinkle a few mango pieces and white chocolate chips on top for looks as well.
- The batter will be very thick, so spoon it into the prepared loaf pan rather than pouring it. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake for 15-22 minutes longer or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. My bread took exactly 62 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
Once cooled REFRIGERATE IMMEDIATELY! Especially in the middle of an Arizona summer! As with all breads in Arizona, I can imagine it would turn quickly if you didn’t.
Substituted Stone Ground Whole Wheat for white whole wheat flour
Substituted plain Greek yogurt for mango Greek yogurt
Increased banana by 1/2 cup to 2 cups total due to flour substitution
Next time I would mix in 1/2 of the coconut and use the rest for the topping.
Serve warm or toasted with cream cheese!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens