Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter (do not use margarine)
- 3/4 cps. brown sugar
- 3/4 cps. white sugar
- 1 1/2tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cps. bread flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz. DARK or WHITE chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cps. pomegranate arils
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Combine first nine ingredients blending until creamy.
- Add chips in small batches to ensure even distribution.
- Add pomegrante arils 1/2 cup at a time mixing after each addition.
- Form into 1 1/2tsp. size balls and place on baking sheet leaving enough space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake approximately 11 minutes or until desired doneness (if you like your cookies a little undercooked remove sooner, if you like them dark and crispy leave them in longer).
- Carefully transfer cookies to cooling rack. Allow to cool, ENJOY!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Thank you for this recipe! These cookies are beautiful and taste AMAZING (and I don’t even like pomegranates) I made them for a bake sale and they were a total hit! I am making a double batch tonight for Thanksgiving 🙂
Have tried the pomagrante cookie recipe this afternoon….Am wondering if the flour measurement is correct? My first pan came out of oven completely melted together!!! Pretty but not easily eatable as a cookie! When mixing them up it appeared to not have enough flour so I added at that time. ? ? ? ?