Nothing reminds me of summers growing up as much as this fresh delightful salad!
Italian Tomato/Cucumber/Onion Salad
- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 an onion (red works the best, but other colors are good too!)
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 C red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 C water
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbspn onion powder
- 1 tbspn italian seasoning or fresh minced basil, oregano and rosemary
- Peel Cucumber in stripes, then slice it on a diagonal slightly
- Cut tomatoes into chunks
- Cut onions into think rings
- Mix 1/4 C oil 1/8 C red wine vinegar 1/8 C water with 2 tsp Garlic powder, 2 tbspn onion powder, 1 tbspn Italian seasoning (or some mix of your own design of basil, oregano, and rosemary)
- Marinade in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and as much as 2 days!
- Serve right out of the refrigerator!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens