Sandy H shared this recipe on the Bountiful Baskets Recipes Board:
Cantaloupe Bread with Praline Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cantaloupe - peeled, seeded and pureed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable, sugar, vanilla and cantaloupe. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Stir flour mixture into cantaloupe mixture; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean. Meanwhile, combine margarine and brown sugar. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals; mix in pecans. Pour sauce over warm bread. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens