Sometimes you just feel like giving your family a special treat. With this Chocolate Fettuccine & Strawberries you can do just that. Plus using the fresh produce from your basket makes it even better.
Chocolate Fettuccini & Strawberries
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/2 of a fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix cocoa, flour, and salt together.
- Make well in center and add oil, egg, and water.
- Mix well.
- Knead above for 2 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 to 1/4 thick and cut into strips.
- To cook bring a pan of water to boiling, add pasta and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Drain and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Let cool
- Slice strawberries
- Add lemon juice, honey and almond extract to strawberries. Mix well and let set.
- If desired top with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with a light dusting of cocoa powder.
Don't forget to always soak all your berries in vinegar water when you bring them home. This keeps them fresh for a lot longer time.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens