Not going to lie….This sounds hideous (this coming from my cousin who I love for telling it like it is), even for a non picky eater which I can claim to be these days! 😉 But something about it is just darn good! What is it about this that makes it good when everything thing screams THOSE FOODS DON’T GO TOGETHER!!!!It must be one of those “freaks of nature” that just works! All I can say is that it is good. If you have followed my recipes, you know by now that I am picky (or at least I used to be). So even trying this for me was completely out of my realm! Apples and Brussels Sprouts….It was a difficult decision, one that most definitely paid off! Its a little bit of sweet, with a nice finishing flavor. Hopefully, you will give it a try and it will pay off for you as well!
Sweet Brussels Sprout Bacon Bake
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- 3 Pieces of Bacon
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Small Red Apples
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Cut ends off of the sprouts and cut in half length wise. Lay out in a cake pan.
- Slice bacon in small strips (1/2 inch thick), add to pan.
- Core and chop apples and chop onion, add to pan.
- Pour melted butter and maple syrup over mixture.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper I used a few Tbsp. of pepper and a small amount Sea Salt
- Mix everything together.
- Place in oven for 50 minutes until mixture is caramelized.
- Remove from oven.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar and mix again.
- Serve and enjoy yours and everyone else's helpings!!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens