The Bountiful Basket wrap add-on is one of my favorites! There are so many things you can do with the wraps. I usually cook up several dishes from the wraps that can be frozen and used at a later date. I also make lots of healthy wraps for us to eat during the week.
What is a wrap? In the late 1980s sandwich fillings inside a wrapped tortilla start to appear in America, becoming an overnight food sensation called the “wrap.” Some version of a tortilla or pita wrapped around meat, beans, rice or vegetables has long been a fixture in Mexican and Middle Eastern diets. Wraps have all the quickness and hand-held, utensil-free convenience of a sandwich while offering more variety than a sandwich. I hope you will enjoy my list of wrap ideas!
- If you're looking for a quick snack or weeknight meal, don't forget about the wrap!
- The list below includes ideas for quick healthy wraps.
- Once you get started, you will think of your own wraps!
- Turkey supreme - Turkey, pineapple, cream cheese wrap
- Just cheese- cheese, heat and add salsa
- Burritos – add refried beans, salsa, cheese
- Pizza wrap – add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings
- The Waldorf – add chicken, apple cubes, celery slices, nuts
- The Reuben – add roast beef, thousand island dressing, sliced cabbage
- The BLT – add bacon, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing
- Turkey BLT – add turkey to the BLT and avocado slices
- Ham/Cheese – ham, cheese, mustard, lettuce
- The Cheeseburger- Crumble leftover hamburger, add cheese, mustard and pickles – reheat
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens