This is the best sesame chicken I have ever eaten! I got the recipe from a friend and made few changes. When I make this, I feel like I’m eating at a Chinese restaurant, only this is healthy fresh ingredients and I am saving money by eating at home! I made it with the Bountiful Baskets chicken and it was so juicy! We make this in our house on a regular basis.
For Sesame Noodles
- 1 lb spaghettini (thinnest spaghetti noodle you can find)
- 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil (I use a little less)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Bundle of Scallions (Green Onions)
- 1/4 Cup of Sesame Seeds
For Sesame Chicken
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Ginger (or 1/4 Tsp. Dried Ginger)
- Sesame Oil for sautéing
To Make Sesame Noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop up scallions.
- Add noodles and scallions to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl mix together 1/2 Cup soy sauce, 1/4 Cup sesame oil, 1/3 Cup sugar. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over noodles.
- Add the sesame seeds.
- Stir noodles until mixed well. Set aside.
To make Sesame Chicken
- In a bowl bring together 1/2 Cup soy sauce, 1/2 Cup teriyaki sauce, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 Cup brown sugar and ginger, mix well.
- You can allow your chicken to marinate in this sauce overnight or for a quick dinner adding right before works too.
- On medium high heat put some sesame oil in a pan.
- Add chicken to the pan along with all the sauce.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and cut into strips or large chunks.
- Add chicken to noodles, toss again and serve!
Sometimes I will add stir fry vegetables to it and either way, its a hit! I usually use a little less oil and a little extra garlic!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens