Butternut squash is amazing. It is sooooo tasty and has endless uses! Here is one of the many ways I love to use it! Great and easy holiday add-on.
Butternut Squash Fries
- 1-2 Butternut Squash
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. Jamie's Special Concoction
- 3 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (dry)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Onion
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. dried Chives
- 1/2 Tsp. dried Dill
- 1/8 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. of dried Basil
- Mix ingredients together and shake well.
In a small bowl mix the following ingredients to make Jamie's Special Concoction
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Remove the hard shell of the squash.
- Cut squash into small strips or quarters cut in half, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush a baking sheet with EVOO.
- Sprinkle a small amount of Seasoning mix across bottom of pan.
- Spread squash out on the pan in a single layer.
- Brush with EVOO.
- Sprinkle with remainder of seasoning mix.
- Bake 10-15 minutes and flip.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Watch to make sure they don't burn depending on the thickness you cut them.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Yes! I like to use it with everything. I made it with sweet potato fries the other night!!
Jamie this sounds delicious! Do you think your special concoction would go well with sweet potato fries? I’m snowed in without a butternut squash but have a sweet potato