I am on a kick! Using coconut oil, prosciutto and rosemary….and it just so happens that the flavors go lovely together. Here is the first of them.
My favorite part of this recipe is flattening the chicken. It never fails, every time I am done with the flattening part, I seem to have less stress then when I started! So if your looking for something fun and fresh or looking for a way to easily leave a lasting impression on people. This may do the trick….or treat 🙂
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed & & pounded to 1/4")
- 1 bunch of frozen (or fresh & sauteed) and chopped spinach, squeezed to almost dry
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (or shredded Mozzarella cheese)
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 (16 oz) jar chicken broth
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon luice
- 1 tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rosemary to taste
- Flatten chicken breasts.
- In a mixing bowl take spinach and mix it with 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 Tsp. of garlic and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle inside with salt, pepper and a small amount of rosemary.
- Take a piece of prosciutto and lay over the chicken breast.
- Take 1-2 Tbsps. of the spinach mixture and place on top of the prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbsps. of parmesan cheese.
- Roll the chicken breast up tightly securing with a tooth pick.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and small amount of rosemary.
- In large Pan on high heat melt Coconut Oil.
- Add chicken to pan, heating until brown and turning (about 2-3 minutes each side).
- Turn heat to medium add can of chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Scrap brown off bottom and stir into mixture.
- Put lid on pan and simmer until chicken is done
- Remove chicken from pan and turn oven back on high, let liquid reduce down 2/3 the way.
- Remove from heat.
- This is your sauce to pour over the chicken.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens