Although I don’t pack any lunch boxes, I love the variety of fruit in the lunch box pack. My family isn’t always great about grabbing a piece of fruit as a snack so I tend to serve fruits with meals to make sure they are getting it in their diet. I cut up some of the fruits from the lunch box pack and served it as a fruit salad with dinner.
I really don’t think that fruit salad needs a dressing but I put a dressing on this one to make it more appealing to our house guests. The salad turned out beautiful, fresh and tasty. The dressing is versatile enough to serve with a variety of fruits so feel free to toss in whatever you have on hand. I hope you enjoy!
Lunch Box Pack Fruit Salad
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Plums (or plumcots/pluots)
- 1/2 C Grapes
- 1 T Lime Juice (or the juice from 1 lime)
- 3 T brown sugar
- Mix the lime juice and brown sugar into a bowl and allow to sit while you cut the fruits.
- Cut the apples and plums into 1/2" pieces. Cut the grapes in half.
- Toss the fruit together in a bowl. Pour the lime mixture on top of the salad and toss to cover the fruit.
- Refrigerate the fruit salad until you are ready to serve. As the fruit sits in the dressing, the fruit juices will enhance the dressing and make it even tastier.
- Eat the salad within 24 hours.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens