Peaches. Peaches. Peaches. What can I say, other than I love them. I usually have to hide them from my family whenever they are in the conventional basket because we all fight over who is going to eat them. In fact, the last time they were offered as an add-on item, I almost ate half of the case by myself. Most of these peaches I have designated for jam, however I wanted to do something else other than pie filling with them as well. As I was browsing the internet for different ideas on how to use the case and a half of peaches I have, I came across the idea to put tequila (which I love) and peaches. And let me just say that is really is an amazing combination!! I never would have thought about putting those two things together! Here’s what I came up with:
- 5 large, ripe but firm peaches - peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4" thick)
- 3 Tbsp tequila (I used Cuervo Gold)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pkg pre-made pie crust
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- * Mix together peaches, cinnamon, tequila, cornstarch,and sugar in medium bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- * Roll pie crust into tart pan or deep dish pie plate.
- * Pour peach filling evenly into unbaked pie shell.
- * Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until filling is thick and bubbly.
- * Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- * Serve with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or ice cream!