I love the fact that Doc points out how we can make our own future. I think the Back to the Future movies are universal in appeal! This movie highlights the wild west and seemed to fit with my pizza. I live in the southwest so my family loves spicy southwestern pizzas. It is a great way to utilize the items from the Mexican pack add-on from Bountiful Baskets.
Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and now it’s erased.
Doc: Of course it’s erased.
Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
Doc: It means your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
Here is my quirky recipe for Southwestern Pizza. Adjust the amount of chilies to your tastes. We like it hot!
Make Salsa Sauce:
- Heat oven to broil
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil
- Put tomatillos, 1-2 chilies (I used 1 Hatch and 1 Jalapeno), ½ onion cut into quarters, garlic clove, and 4 tomatoes on baking sheet
- Broil until roasted on one side and then turn them over using tongs
- When done roasting, cool.
- Put into blender or chopper , adding cilantro, salt/pepper, and ¼ cup water
- Blend until sauce texture.
- Spread on pizza crust!
- In a bowl, mix flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and soda pop.
- Mix together to make a dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Leave at room temperature overnight.
- After the dough has risen, heat the oven to 450°
- Grease a pizza pan.
- Roll the dough on floured surface to a pizza shape.
- Ease onto the pizza pan.
- Add salsa sauce and cheese and chopped grilled chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve with salsa and tortilla chips!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens