The movie Mystic Pizza was filmed in 1988 and takes place in Mystic, Connecticut. My life could almost be like this movie. In the summer of 1987 I left home and traveled from Salt Lake City Utah to live in Hamden, Connecticut to become a nanny and have my own life’s adventures. I was looking for love and trying to find out who I was. I was just aching to have a grand adventure! The family I worked for helped me to take a couple classes at Yale which started me on the path to higher education.
I never found my true love while living in Connecticut, but I did kiss a few frogs and made some everlasting memories. It wasn’t until 1992 that I married to my first husband. It was at my bridal shower that I was served this yummy vegetable appetizer pizza. I think it is one of my favorite things to make because it is easy to make!
- crescent roll dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/3 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Black Olives, sliced
- Green pepper, cut into small pieces
- Cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- Red onion, chopped finely if you are adventurous!
- Preheat oven to 375. Roll out the crescent roll dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Pat the bottom down and make an edge around the side.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is baking cut up your vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), dill and garlic powder. Mix together well.
- When the crust has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture of the top of it. Add your vegetables and enjoy! This can be made a couple of hours ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens