Hi everyone! I’m Laura and I’ve got my first recipe to share today. In this week’s basket there were 2 lovely bunches of spinach. I had a bit of green onion left over from last week and decided to combine the two for a new take on my classic sautéed spinach. I think it was a hit…But so far there has been nothing I can do to get my 3 year old to touch a piece of spinach!
- 2 cups of Spinach (well rinsed, thick stems cut off--if there are any)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (diced)
- 1 green onion (cut on a bias, about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium heat (make sure it is a skillet with a lid).
- Add in the butter and olive oil.
- To the butter and oil mixture, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Stir for about a 30 seconds (make sure garlic doesn't brown)
- Add in the Spinach, stir to coat, and then place the lid on the pan.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted down.
- Add in green onion.
- Stir then cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Anyone have any ideas to get my youngest to taste the green leafy yumminess? PS. The baby chicks loved the spinach stems!