Sautéed Cabbage and Sausage
This is a delicious and easy recipe to use up a head of cabbage. You could also use water instead of beer but the beer gives it a more interesting flavor.
- 3 Italian Sausage Links, sliced (you could also use kielbasa)
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 C beer (I used a wheat beer but you can use whatever you have)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Cook the sausage and bacon in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage, beer and bouillon and cover. This will look like a lot of cabbage but it will reduce significantly as it cooks down. Cook the cabbage for 10 minutes (or until the liquid fully evaporates), stirring occasionally.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens