Looking for a delicious dessert that’s easy and quick? You’ve found it here!
Topping: Use your favorite pie filling for the topper. A super simple and popular one can be found over at Pick Your Own (http://www.pickyourown.org/peachpiefilling.htm)
- Crust: (Or your favorite Graham Cracker or Nut Crust)
- 14oz Graham Crackers (your favorite flavor)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 8oz butter – melted
- 1tbsp Vanilla
- 14oz Cream Cheese
- 1.5 cups Sugar (use less if you have a super sweet pie filling, but no less than 1 cup)
- 3tbsp Vanilla (I add upwards of 6 depending on my mood)
- Preheat Oven to 275°F
- Spray 9×13 Pyrex with cooking spray
- In a food processor pulverize Graham Crackers.
- Add Brown Sugar and mix well.
- Drizzle in Butter and Vanilla until everything is just moist.
- Remove Blade and place immediately into the sink. Do NOT lick it! Just saying.
- Spread Graham Cracker Mixture evenly into the Pyrex and press down lightly making sure there the bottom is covered. You may have enough to work your way up the sides a bit depending on the size of your Pyrex.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking combine Filling Ingredients in a stand mixer and let it run for no less then 10 minutes (I let it go until the crust is done as you are looking to make it as fluffy as possible) on the highest power without it leaving the bowl and decorating your walls and ceiling. Again, just saying.
- Once Crust is done, remove it from the oven and turn up the heat to 350*.
- Spread filling over hot crust and return to oven for 35-50 minutes or until it’s bubbling and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes (leave the oven on).
- Spread pie filling evenly and return to oven for ~10-20 minutes or until filling has set.
- Remove and cool on counter for 30 minutes, then place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Eight hours would be optimal.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens