- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 1 tbsp dried basil (if using fresh basil reduce by 1/2 and add when the soup is done)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups yellow squash
- 1 cup spaghetti squash
- 14 oz crushed peeled tomatoes
- 2 cup. kale (cut into ribbons)
- 1 cup. lentils
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Romano cheese (optional)
- In a large pot saute saute carrots and green onions in coconut oil just until onions wilt slightly.
- Add sausage and cook until almost browned.
- Sprinkle in basil and add zucchini, squash,spaghetti squash, tomatoes, kale, lentils and stock.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat approx. 30-45min. or until veggies have reached desired texture.
- Serve with hot bread.
- Garnish with grated Romano cheese.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens