Maple Apple Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb. cubed pork loin or shoulder**
- 1 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- In a non reactive bowl combine all ingredients except the apples and allow to marinate under refrigeration 8-24 hours.
- Prepare meat grinder as per manufacturers instructions.
- Rough chop apples and add to marinated pork.
- Process meat and apple mixture through the grinder to desired consistency.
- Make a small patty using approximately 1 tbs. ground meat, cook and taste for desired flavor.
- If you feel to need to add any additional herbs or flavoring do so now and mix thoroughly.
- Shape remaining meat mixture into sausage patty size servings and cook over meat heat approximately 2 minutes per side or until browned and cooked throughout.
- Serve warm.
- **If you do not have a meat grinder you can add the extract, finely chopped apples, and seasonings to pre-ground pork purchased from the grocery store. Once ingredients are mixed shape into patties and proceed with cooking process.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens