Lanette R graciously shared this recipe on the Bountiful Baskets Recipes board.
Fresh Plum and Oatmeal Muffins
- 6-8 plums
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. old fashion oatmeal
- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- FRESH PLUM & OATMEAL MUFFINS
- In a blender puree enough plums to make 1 cup; set aside.
- Cream 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Add 1 egg and pureed plums.
- Stir in salt, vanilla & cinnamon. Add oatmeal, flour, & baking powder.
- Stir carefully only until moistened. Spray an unlined muffin pan with Pam in bottom of the pan put a pecan half centered between 2 slices of fresh plum. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full of batter and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert while still hot. Replace any fruit and nut pieces that stay into pan in your muffins. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Serve warm or cold. Can be frozen for later use.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Thanks for sharing, Lanette!