Bruschetta is a classic flavor profile, and with this recipe you can have it ready at a moments notice!
From Sandy H (Bountiful Baskets Recipes)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 9 cups chopped cored plum tomatoes
- Prepare canner, jar and lids.
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine garlic through balsamic vinegar. Bring to a full boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 5 minutes until garlic is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Pack tomatoes into hot jars to within a generous 1/2 inch of top of jar. Ladle hot vinegar mixture into jar to cover tomatoes, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot liquid. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down tightly until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip tight.
- Process 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Thank you, Sandy, for sharing this!