Grilled Vegetables Italian Style
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare enough Marinade to Generously cover your veggies.
- Put your EVOO in a sauce pan.
- Add salt to taste.
- Chop 4 cloves garlic in large chunks.
- Mince Thyme and Rosemary very finely and add only a small amount of rosemary and a bit more thyme.
- Simmer until the garlic gets a bit of color.
- Remove from heat
- You may strain out garlic and herbs or leave them.
- Add chopped basil and wilt it.
- Slice Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers into large enough chunks that they don't fall into the grill (think lengthwise!)
- Half the tomatoes and seed them.
- Coat everything in the Marinade.
- Reserve the rest of the marinade.
- Grill until tender. Keep it flipping to avoid too much char.
- Spoon all the "goodies" (garlic and herbs) out of the marinade onto the finished platter of veggies.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic over.
- Grind some fresh pepper on top.
- Serve over Pasta, or alongside meat. (The Marinade will do great on steaks but don't use it for anything after the meat so maybe just make a bit more! Soak it then rub a bit of ground thyme on the meat then grill!)
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens