I am so in love with one pan meals!
Chicken and Green Beans with Bacon
- 1/2 - 1 Onion
- 2 - 6 cloves Garlic
- Green Beans
- 2 - 4 strips bacon
- Chicken breasts for your family
- Broth (Optional)
- Cook the bacon.
- Set aside bacon.
- Dump most of the grease out
- Saute onion and garlic in the rest and brown the outside of the chicken breast.
- Add water or broth to cover and poach chicken breast. Allow the broth to reduce. Flip the chicken breast as needed
- Snap beans
- Add beans about 15 minutes after chicken comes to a boil.
- Boil for about 4 or 5 minutes until the beans change to the other shade of green. They will be cooked but crisp still. Once you see the color shift pull them off and drain!
- Crumble the bacon on top.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens