Why not show your family just how much you love them. A few minutes with a few ingredients can make something totally amazing. This is a healthy alternative to the store bought ones.
Homemade Fig Granola or Bars
- 1 7oz package figs (for bars use 2 packages of figs)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Put figs in a food processor and add molasses, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and syrup.
- Process for a few minutes scraping down sides as needed.
- Add 3 cups oats and process a few minutes more.
- Place other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add fig mixture and mix again making sure everything gets coated.
- For granola: Spray a cookie sheet and put mixture on it. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- For granola bars: Spray a 9x13 pan and press mixture into pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Keep in a air tight container at room temperature.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens