This has to be the easiest and best butternut squash recipe I have found. It is not really sweet, has no crust, and is perfect for a light after dinner treat. I don’t feel bad about enjoying this one at all and I hope you won’t either.
Spiced Crust-less Butternut Squash Tart
- 1 cup squash puree
- 1 cup cream
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Grease a 9 inch tart pan
- Pour mixture into tart pan
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
- Turn down oven to 375 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
This may be served warm or cold with whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup on it.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens