I love to celebrate pi day by eating pie for breakfast! In previous years, I’ve had banana cream pie, chocolate pie, or apple pie. I decided to go a little more adult route this year and celebrate the asparagus that is abundant in my fridge right now. When my daughter saw breakfast she was disappointed that it wasn’t “real pie” but then inhaled it and asked for seconds.
Okay so this is probably technically a quiche but I’m not going to be so serious about such things. Once you try it, I think we can agree that it is delicious cheesy asparagus goodness.
Celebrate pi day with breakfast asparagus pie!
- Your favorite pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 5 eggs
- ¾ C milk
- 1 C mozzerella
- ¼ C parmesan
- ½ bunch of asparagus, with the ends trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Put your pie crust in a greased pie pan and store in the fridge while you complete the remaining steps.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add both cheeses and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Gently place the asparagus on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the egg mixture sets and starts to brown on top.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
I made this pie this morning, as I was lucky enough to get 2 bunches of asparagus this past week!
It’s light and delicious! Hubby had 2 slices!
Thank you for sharing your recipe!