Salads are a great way to use up my basket contents and it is just so convenient for me to keep a huge bowl of salad in the fridge. I serve salad as sides several nights per week so I try to keep salads interesting for my family and one of the easiest ways to do that is by keeping tasty dressings on hand. We all love jalapeños in my family (even my 5 year old) so I wanted to make a jalapeño dressing. The result is bright and flavorful jalapeño vinaigrette. My daughter declared that this dressing was better than pancakes.
Jalapeño dressing, better than pancakes
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t mustard
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t fresh cracked pepper
- 6 T olive oil
- Put the jalapeño in a food processor or blender and roughly mince. Add the garlic clove and mince.
- The mustard should be added next and blended a little.
- Pour in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the oil. Adding the oil as slowly as possible is critical to getting a creamy, emulsified dressing.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens