This year there are pumpkins everywhere. How I love the smell of pumpkin cooking and wish it would last throughout the year. Here is one way I get my pumpkin fix for the rest of the year. I make Pumpkin chips and pumpkin powder. My dehydrator is a good friend that I often use with my bountiful baskets produce. There is nothing easier than drying fruits and vegetables for later use. You don’t even need a dehydrator as the oven on its lowest setting works fine.
Oh My So Much Pumpkin
- pumpkin cut in 1/4 inch or smaller strips
- pumpkin pie spice
- Wash, peel and seed your pumpkin, be sure to save those seeds for another use.
- Use your mandolin slicer or a knife to slice pumpkin into strips 1/4 inch or less thick.
- Arrange on trays and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Dry the pumpkin until it is brittle crisp.
- You can now store the chips or take it one step farther and make pumpkin powder.
- Using a coffee grinder, grind chips into powder and store in an air tight container.
- Use your powder in coffee, baked goods, pancakes, whipped cream or anything you want that great pumpkin flavor in.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
How long does the powder last? does it need to be refrigerated?
What a great idea! I have never heard of either of these ideas!