One of the things that happens the night before Basket Day is using up the remnants of whatever is left in the veggie drawer in the fridge. One of the easiest things to do (and currently one of our favorites) is to go Indian – with a veggie tikka masala.
This past week I discovered we hadn’t used up our corn, there were a couple of heirloom tomatoes on the counter, and there were some broccoli crowns hanging out. Definitely perfect for the evening’s foray into India.
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 5 ears of corn, husked and dekerneled (I made up that word 🙂 )
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 2 cups cream OR 1 pint of coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Add broccoli and saute until tender-crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until warmed through.
- Serve in a bowl, or over rice.
Easy - Peasy!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens