This baked oatmeal was so delicious and warm on a cool, lazy Saturday morning. It is also healthy and used some bananas that were hoping downhill. My daughter had to ask me if this was dessert and demanded we have it again the next morning – high marks from my 4 year old.
I partially assembled this the night before so it would be easy peasy in the morning.
Baked Strawberry and Banana Oatmeal
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 C strawberries
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 C oats
- 1/4 C chopped nuts (your choice - I used almonds)
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a square baking dish.
- Arrange the bananas on the bottom of the baking dish then layer the strawberries on top. Drizzle a little honey on top (about 1 tablespoon) then cover with foil. Bake the bananas for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour oat mixture over the bananas and strawberries.
- In the same bowl, combine the milk, egg, vanilla extract and remaining honey.
- If you are preparing this the night before, cover the square baking dish and the milk mixture and put each in the refrigerator and continue the following steps in the morning.
- Pour the milk mixture on top of the oats and fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
What size pan?
I made this yesterday. I chopped all the fruit up and mixed it with the oats after baking it the first 10 minutes so that it was not layered. After it cooled I cut it into bars so that my daughter could eat them for breakfast on the run and they were a huge hit. My husband had on for a late night snack with ice cream as well and LOVED the flavors
Will this work with Steel Cut Oats?