So…. about a year ago the big joke in my office (ok, one of them) was that we should all stock up on Spam for the zombie apocalypse. Spam…. hmmm…. isn’t that from a Hawaiian pig? You guessed it. I’ve NEVER had Spam before. My next shopping trip I made a point of adding Spam to my list…. and joy of joys when I found not only Spam, but Hot & Spicy Spam and Jalapeno Spam!
Ok… now what to do with it. My Aunt likes Spam sammiches… but I’m not a big fan of bread lately. How about fried rice? Ummmm, maybe?
Here we go, let’s hit the basket and start!
- 4 stalk(s) celery, cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced in thin strips
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 c rice, cooked and cooled in refrig. over night
- soy sauce to taste
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (BB of course)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean all of your veggies well, and chop into small bite sized cubes.
- Slightly beat and scramble eggs in your olive oil, and set aside.
- Cube your SPAM into pieces about the same size as your veggies.
- Sautee all the veggies, rice and SPAM in a pan until SPAM starts to render out a little liquid, but be careful not to burn it. When it's all cooked through all your eggs and soy sauce.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens