What to do with leftover chicken or turkey….I finally found one every one in my house will eat!
- 2 1/2 cups leftover turkey, chopped
- 1 cup wild rice
- 5 cups Pacific Organic Chicken Stock (or turkey stock)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a big stock pot add your chicken broth and veggies, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in your rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in your turkey, half and half, soy sauce, salt and pepper and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens