Everyone loves carrots. The trick is to find new ways to get people to eat carrots with dinner, instead of just carrots sticks! I love to experiment with stir frying vegetables. Carrots sliced thinly and sauted with sesame oil are so fragrant that it is hard to wait for them to finish cooking! I toasted sesame seeds and added five spice to it. Garlic seemed like a natural to add to the sesame oil. Something about the combination makes for a wonderful new way to try carrots! This is my recipe for Asian Stir Fry Carrots. Enjoy!
Asian Carrot Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 8-10 carrots, peeled, sliced thinly diagonally
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat skillet or wok to medium
- Add sesame seeds and toast for about a minute
- Add five spice powder and stir into the sesame seeds
- Remove sesame seeds and five spice combination to a plate
- Wipe the pan out with a paper towel
- Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat pan to high
- Add carrots and let set for about 2-3 minutes to allow to brown
- Add garlic and stir
- Cook and stir to heat evenly
- Continue to stir until the carrots are tender enough to eat
- Add the sesame seeds and five spice powder and stir to coat the carrots
- Serve when fork tender
- This is wonderful with rice!
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
Can hardly wait to try this!