White button mushrooms are earthy, pleasing to eat, and the perfect appetizer! Mushrooms are available for many recipes but the holiday season is a great time to think about stuffing mushroom caps. The mushroom cap can be stuffed with a wide variety of fillings. This recipe is one of my favorites to use when company is coming!
- 10-12 whole mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tsps dried parsley
- Oven preheated to 350 degrees
- Oil or spray a baking sheet
- Clean mushrooms and pull off stems
- Chop stems finely.
- Heat olive oil in skillet
- Add orange zest to heated skillet
- Add minced garlic and chopped stems
- Saute about 5 minutes
- Take off burner and let cool
- Put cream cheese in bowl and mash with fork
- Add pepper, onion powder, cayenne and mix
- Add mushroom stems and garlic and stir well
- The mixture will be thick.
- Spoon mix into the mushroom caps and set on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with parmesan and parsely flakes
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- Mushrooms will be very hot!
- Serve and enjoy!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens