Our basket site is full of awesome volunteers. I don’t think that we can say that enough! Every once in a while someone shows up with goodies. This recipe is from one of our volunteers, Katy.
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 sugar
- 1 c. shredded zucchini
- 1 apple grated
- 3/4 c raisins
- 3/4 c. coconut
- 1/2 c. either walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the shredded ingredients,coconut and orange peel together
- In a separate bowl, Mix the dry ingredients together
- In a small bowl, Beat the eggs and oil (blend well) add vanilla.
- Stir liquid mixture into the shredded ingredients, coconut, orange peel mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes.
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens
These muffins disappeared in minutes at our site! Thank you Katy for your awesome use of fresh fruits and veggies!
Since it is a quick bread style muffin it can easily be made gluten free (it worked superbly with a simple swap of the traditional flour for my favorite GF mix (Bob’s Red Mill) and 2 tsp of xantham gum).