Summer always brings lots of yellow summer squash! This is one of my favorite ways to use the squash. Everyone in my family enjoys them because they taste like potato pancakes with a zippy chile zing.
Summer Squash Chile Fritter-cakes
- 2 yellow squash, grated
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Season salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsps. Sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 finely chopped chile peppers
- Grate the squash and let set.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the squash.
- Add season salt, sugar, pepper, flour, chopped onions, chopped chiles.
- Stir in two eggs
- Add ½ cup flour and mix
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Make patties and drop into the oil
- Fry until golden brown on both sides
- Drain on paper towel lined plate
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream
Copyright 2007 - 2020 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens