Green juice does not have to be scary! My mind tends to see green and go straight to yuck, but the trick is to add an extra organic green apple or make it red by adding an organic beet, leaves too! Try to limit the beet and apple… while it will sweeten your juice, remember there is sugar in sugar in there. Green juices detoxify, give you iron and magnesium when you use kale, chard and dark leafy greens.
Here’s a go to juice using greens I often have from our baskets plus some I do go to the market to get.
- 2 leaves organic chard
- 2 leaves organic kale
- 2 leaves lettuce green
- 5-6 parsley stalks
- 1/2 beet with green leaves
- 1/2 organic green bell pepper
- 2 organic apples
- Rinse all vegetables.
- Cut up vegetables into smaller pieces to fit into your juicer.
- If your veggies and fruits are organic, peeling is not necessary but I do like to remove apple seeds and stems.
- Insert into your juicer one at a time.
- Stir with a non-metal spoon.
- Drink within 30 minutes.
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens