How many times have you picked up your basket and immediately thought “What should I cook with all of this?”. Eating it raw is often a secondary thought. We eat a lot of raw produce in my house as snacks but sometimes even I miss the easiest way to handle them to reap many benefits:
- Nutritious – Not surprisingly, consuming raw foods have many health benefits – like contributing to low cholesterol and triglycerides. Many foods are most nutritious in their raw form, for example, cooking can reduce the amount of Vitamin C in foods.
- Maintaining a healthy weight – Raw fruits and veggies are low in calories and their high fiber content can help you feel full.
- Naturally delicious – Another great advantage is that numerous fruits and vegetables are tasty with no preparation at all.
- Less packaging waste – I love that eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables means that you are not generating as much waste from packaging.
- Less dishes and kitchen mess – This one may seem like less of a big deal but it is a big win if I haven’t destroyed the kitchen making my family a snack or meal.