Yes, 1! No way you say! Trust me, you will NOT want to share!
OK, if you have to share, figure on ~1/2 cup per person. Or ~ 8-16 servings depending on the size of produce.
FYI: This is AWESOME reheated the next day!!!
Brussels Sprouts with Onion, Bacon, & Figs
- 1lb Thick Cut Bacon (Chopped into small pieces)
- 4 large onions (1/4 and slice thin)
- 4lbs Brussels Sprouts (trimmed & sliced lengthwise)
- 1cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4cup brown sugar (optional)
- Place Bacon in large pan or pot (pan is better but may overflow) and cook on relatively low heat until most of the fat is rendered off and the bacon just starts to brown. Remove immediately from heat and immediately strain bacon onto paper towels. SAVE the fat & liquid in the pan!!!
- Return pan to stove over medium high heat. Immediately add onions and cook until caramelized. You may want to turn down the heat once they start to ‘sizzle’.
- Remove onions from pan and remove most of the fat. Leaving in just enough to liberally coat the pan.
- Add Brussels Sprouts & cook until just starting to turn soft.
- Add Figs & Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add Bacon & Onions back into the pan.
- Add sugar as needed to cut the vinegar. Some require more than others.
- Remove from heat & serve!
Copyright 2007 - 2012 Tanya Jolly & Sally Stevens