From Dawn B
VSC Everett WA
We are a meat loving family (my husband is ‘the meat man’ and works for a large meat distribution company – so we are blessed to be able to frequently indulge in meat) but this is one of our families favorite ways to eat Spaghetti Squash. It is a meatless dish (but could easily have sausage added for some meat but has plenty of flavor without) it uses mushrooms and squash from last weekend and onions (and squash if the week befores is already gone!) from this most recent Saturday.
A great side dish to this meatless entree is a nice big chopped salad, topped with tomatoes, avocados and any other veggies your family loves and dinner rolls!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, Halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 8oz package Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ White Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ½ c. cottage cheese
- Cook squash in your favorite way. (I do cut in half, seeded and placed cut-side down in a dish of water in the microwave for 10-12 minutes, then scrape the flesh out into a bowl and cook the other side.)
- Saute mushrooms & onions over medium heat until cooked through, turn heat to low, add garlic and lightly saute with garlic.
- Add can of soup, sour cream & cottage cheese. Heat Through.
- Spoon over a bowl of spaghetti squash.
- Add Parmesan Cheese or other seasonings as you please.
I love to see people utilizing their whole baskets and trying new, afforable dishes! Thanks!
This was so yummy. I put in some ground turkey as well. My kids and hubby all really liked this. It has become a family favorite. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing, I made this for dinner last night with the added sausage. I will make it again for sure but probably not until the temps drop.
Thank you! This will be a first for our family, and a tried recipe is just what I needed. 🙂